I'm using OSSEC in a slightly untraditional way as a sudo SIEM. I have it
running on 1 server and it's parsing through logs that are coming from
multiple sources and then alerting me on what is going on. Overall this has
worked fine but now I'm needing to spread out the load and the logs are
being written to multiple files. Is there a way to tell OSSEC to treat 5
separate log files as the same source?

The use case I have is file1.log, file2.log, file3.log, file4.log, and
file5.log are all load balanced across a F5 VIP. So if you have fave
multiple failed logins from user1 on server1, those failed logins could
show up in any 5 of the log files. Right now, I believe OSSEC is only able
to correlate multiple failed logins if they all happen to show up on only 1
of the log files.