Two specific questions

Are the amount of logs cached/tracked configurable? (Specifically for linux
agents) when the agent cannot reach the ossec-server

(yes I read the discussion from 2010, looking for updated thoughts here)

How, specifically, does the agent handle being down/restarted?

For instance, ossec-agent is reading /var/log/syslog , we restart
ossec-agent, where does the agent pick up in the /var/log/syslog file and
HOW does it know where to pick up?

Asking for 2.8.3 and forward please

All the best