I'm hoping to implement a constraint where, if disk space used (on a
specific tree such as /home) changes by more than a certain percent then it
will trigger an alert.  I have a controlled environment (PCI) where delta
disk space usage changes should be pretty predictable, my goal is to
hopefully spot malware installation or other tampering by an abnormal
change in disk space utilization.

I realize that this approach is anything but perfect, however, I am hoping
it will augment monitoring for areas of the disk where strict checking is
not feasible.  If there are alternative ways to accomplish this goal I'm
open to any suggestions.  I looked at agentless monitoring but it appears
that the requirement is "exact match" or alert.  I understand that I could
write a script which returned the same output if my criteria was met but
that would mean storing history locally which would itself be subject to
attack.  I'm also not sure if agent and agentless configuration can be
combined.