On Aug 21, 2017 4:39 PM, "Leroy Tennison" <leroy.tenni...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have added to /var/ossec/etc/shared/agent.conf a profile for a class of
machine and updated the agent's ossec.conf with the config-profile in the
<client> block.

on the client or will the manager simply override them?  Is the result
"either (the manager configuration)/or (the agent configuration)" or
cumulative (both components apply?

Cumulative. All options are applied. It is important syscheck entries are
not doubled up.

Changing the agent.conf to over-riding ossec.conf options is something I am
interesred in, but javen't had time for.