Hello,
On ossec 2.8.3 I am trying to get alerts only for rdp autentications alerts
from windows agents.
These events are shown in the event log
Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Operational
for example with eventID 1149

I have in my windows agents conf file

  <localfile>

<location>Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Operational</location>
    <log_format>eventchannel</log_format>
  </localfile>

---------
on the server in my local_rules.xml
I have

<group name="rdesktop">
<rule id="100888" level="1">
<match>Remote Desktop Services</match>
<description>Remote Desktop Connection Established</description>
</rule>
</group>

I get no messages from the remote client
(that sends alerts if I use     <location>Security</location> )

I see some traffic from client to server with tcpdump if I generate 1149
logon events
But no evidence even with
<logall>yes</logall>  in ossec server.

Anyone can share some insight?