On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 8:35 AM,  <charles.mc...@decisivedge.com> wrote:
> Thank you...
>
> Can you please provide a snippet of what the agent.conf should look like for
> this type of configuration.
>
> I have looked and I can not seem to find any sample agent.conf files that
> has this type of config.

All agent.conf files behave the same way.
Mine is simply (copied by hand, so excuse silly typos):
<agent_config>
  <syscheck>
    <directories check_all="yes">/var/ossec/etc</directories>
  </syscheck>
</agent_config>

<agent_config os="OpenBSD">
  <localfile>
    <log_format>syslog</log_format>
    <location>/var/log/daemon</location>
  </localfile>
</agent_cofig>

If I wanted to add a profile, I could do something like:
<agent_config profile="webserver">
  <localfile>
    <log_format>apache</log_format>
    <location>/var/log/apache/error_log</location>
  </localfile>
</agent_config>

Then set the following in the ossec.conf on the agents I want to use
this profile:
<client>
  <config-profile>webserver</config-profile>
</client>