Hi Dan!

I have achieved this by using profile concept

what i have done is I have used a <agent_config profile="static"> and for
dynamic agents I have used <agent_config profile="dynamic"> and then I have
restarted agents and agent.conf has been updated in both machines. But I'm
confused here in one place, In agent.conf file my settings for static and
dynamic machines are different. Below are the files.

<agent_config profile="static">
  <syscheck>
    <!-- Frequency that syscheck is executed - default to every 22 hours -->
    <frequency>60</frequency>
    <scan_on_start>yes</scan_on_start>
    <skip_nfs>yes</skip_nfs>

    <!-- Directories to check  (perform all possible verifications) -->
    <directories check_all="yes">/etc,/usr/bin,/usr/sbin</directories>
    <directories check_all="yes">/bin,/sbin,/boot</directories>
  </syscheck>

<agent_config profile="dynamic">
  <syscheck>
    <!-- Frequency that syscheck is executed - default to every 22 hours -->
    <frequency>60</frequency>
    <scan_on_start>yes</scan_on_start>
    <skip_nfs>yes</skip_nfs>

    <!-- Directories to check  (perform all possible verifications) -->
    <directories check_all="yes">/etc,/usr/bin,/usr/sbin</directories>
  </syscheck>

</agent_config>

If you observe the <syscheck> section for both profiles I have modified a
bit for test purpose and my ossec.conf file on agents is like below.

<ossec_config>
  <client>
    <server-ip>10.1.19.118</server-ip>
    <config_profile>static</config_profile>
  </client>

and for dynamic machnies

<ossec_config>
  <client>
    <server-ip>10.1.19.118</server-ip>
    <config_profile>dynamic</config_profile>
  </client>

And finally I have added a file in /etc directory in both agents and I
didn't get any alert regarding the file addition. Is my configuration of
agent.conf and ossec.conf of the agents is correct ? Even though if I added
settings in agent.conf should I add them in ossec.conf too?

Thanks!