I was able to restart the ossec agent on a windows host a few minutes ago.
On the ossec server, in the ossec.conf I added:

  <command>
    <name>win-null-route</name>
    <executable>route-null.cmd</executable>
    <expect>srcip</expect>
    <timeout_allowed>yes</timeout_allowed>
  </command>

  <command>
    <name>win-restart-ossec</name>
    <executable>restart-ossec.cmd</executable>
    <expect></expect>
  </command>

  <active-response>
    <command>win-null-route</command>
    <location>defined-agent</location>
    <agent_id>012</agent_id>
    <level>15</level>
    <timeout>60</timeout>
  </active-response>

I haven't looked at the route-null.cmd script to see what it does yet,
so I don't know how to check if that worked or not.
But I saw no errors in the ossec.log on the Windows agent (no tail -f
made this less than fun).