I understand that, it's just that your original post was a little...
concise.  As a non-developer/newbie it took me a little while to understand
the where and the how.  I just fleshed it out for other non-ossec
veterans.  If I sounded upset with you I apologize.  I was feeling misled
by the "Documentation" link on ossec.net which took me to the 1.0
documentation which didn't mention anything about additional pre-requisites.

Thanks for your help!

Natassia