On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 9:15 AM sensato cybersecurity <i...@sensato.co> wrote:

> Would someone know if the following is possible?
>
> I have a product by the name of BitDefender which can produce a log - the log
> is in CEF format I believe.  That log contains alerts that are raised by
> various endpoints being monitored by BitDefender.
>
> Is there a way I could deploy an OSSEC agent on the BitDefender server and
> read in the log it produces and send that information as alerts to the OSSEC
> server?

I don't know much about bitdefender, so it's hard to say. OSSEC can
install on most Windows and Linux systems. If it's a blackbox
appliance it would be a lot harder. Looking at their site there are a
lot of products. Which one are you using specifically?
Is the log file an actual file or does it log to a database or something?