Hi,

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 6:41 PM Waldek Kozaczuk <jwkozac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I do not know exactly how wasmer works, but I think on the first run of a
> given wasm file it transforms it into machine code and then stores in the
> cache for the faster start next time. With ZFS images the 2nd time will be
> faster as well. With ROFS the cache is on RAMFS so it transforms the file
> every time.

Waldek, your description of Wasmer's ahead-of-time (AOT) compilation with
caching is correct. You can find a high-level overview of their
architecture here:

https://github.com/wasmerio/wasmer/blob/master/docs/architecture.md

and a blog post on the same topic here:

https://medium.com/wasmer/a-webassembly-compiler-tale-9ef37aa3b537