Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
i thought you might like to know that i tackled exchange back in
2000 and, using FreeDCE, got to the point where i didn't have
to worry about the DCE/RPC bit - i just compiled an IDL file
that took care of it for me - and was beginning on MAPI (i worked
out the 0xa5 - again - like everyone else has :)]

also there is something called "transmit_as" which i have recently
become aware of which i believe to be used in the DCE/RPC interfaces
for communication of the MAPI blobs.

http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2005/01/0607.html

thought you'd like to know.

if you have already some code or know of some code that interprets MAPI,
i'd love to know about it.

no, I don't have any.
I don't even have enough competence on network reverse engineering to fully understand the link you gave me.

I have the need to let Outlook perfectly interface with my mail and calendaring servers.

Until yesterday, I was convinced the best way to do this was to write a client-side plugin; now, your mail is the second within a few hours that seems to assert that a server-side solution - Exchange emulation - is not as impossible as I read.

Since this would be a way better solution from my point of view, I ask you too if you can estimate a "beta delivery date".

thank you, Luca

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IntelliVIEW -- Interactive Reporting Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop reports. Save time by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to DOC, XLS, RTF, etc. Download a FREE copy at http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl _______________________________________________ otlkcon-devel mailing list otlkcon-devel@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/otlkcon-devel