Hello Ralph,

The best way to help would be to write a good,
general purpose, cross-platform GroupDAV library.

Something that would take care of all the iCal,
HTTP, and XML processing away from the main app.

I'd love to support it, but one calendar protocol
is already more than a handfull.  If some produces
a good, well documented GroupDAV API, I would be
happy to include it.

Regards,
Kervin

Ralph Schmidt wrote:
Hello to all,

http://www.groupdav.org/implementations.html should get a new entry:
Openconnector :)
Using GroupDAV could save a lot of time, because it has all we need. I could
also help developing, but i never compiled something for win, only linux. I
would like to try, but i need some help for starting.
Greets,

Ralph

"Chris Bryant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kervin,

I noticed in your last message to the list that you are currently working on a CalDAV client library. Have you looked at implementing GroupDAV instead as an initial implementation? GroupDAV is very similar to CalDAV, and GroupDAV is generally attempting to actually be a subset of the CalDAV spec for calendar and tasks. GroupDAV also adds support for contacts, so the protocol can support calendar events, tasks, and contacts all with the same the server and with a very simple DAV interface. The simplified protocol would probably make it much easier for you to complete an initial client library. For testing purposes, there are also some actual GroupDAV servers available today, where there are no CalDAV servers today. Since GroupDAV is very similar to CalDAV, much of the GroupDAV client code could be used when building a CalDAV client lib.

Check out www.groupdav.org for more information on the spec and opensource clients and servers that are working with it today.

Chris Bryant