Well isn't this a nice new years present! Thank you for the work Ron.
Great job! See my comments inline....

<snip>
> I. Installer Development
>
>   A. Process Overview
>
> 1. Downloaded wix, a command-line based xml->msi conversion tool from
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=105970. Toolset
> includes compiling functionality (candle.exe), linking functionality
> (light.exe) and reverse-engineering capability (msi->xml - dark.exe).
> Among other things, the package also includes an        xml schema (.xsd )
> for the wix "language grammar." An important concept to grasp is that
> the     xml is used to describe the state the system should be in
> following the installation.
Ah I love it. Using Microsoft open source code to build an installer for
something that will kill Exchange!

> 2. Reviewed one of the few tutorials available from
> http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/.  With         documentation being
> limited and the schema being somewhat intimidating at first glance, the
> first four lessons along with the attendant examples were really
helpful. It
> should be noted that    the tutorial does not use the most recent schema
> in its examples. There have been some minor     changes. It is helpful to
> consult the wix schema or reverse-engineer other msi example.

With this being a Microsoft product / technology I did a quick search to
see if they had any info on it. On the wix homepage (http://wix.sf.net) I
found a link to an MSDN article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwingen/html/wixsetup.asp
which looked interesting. A MSDN search didn't turn up much.
http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?qu=wix&View=msdn&st=b
The forums and mailing lists of the wix project looked fairly active.

<snip>

All in all great job. Thank you again. This will allow and encourage much
wider testing and development of the open connector project.