Thanks for your help with string stuff. We got it working. Now, we'll
change our small amount of code so that its unicode-compliant.

We also need to make sure that the backup file string passed in as
argument to mergeini function is actually a string. It doesn't
appeared to be initialized. We'll take care of it in mergeini
function, if necessary.

These small things won't take us long.

We'd like to be sure of what piece you'd like us to work on next. You
mentioned something in the last e-mail, but it would be good to get
some clear and specific direction so that we can make the most of our
time.

Thanks,
Ron