An additonal thing:

Even with the DebugBreak() calls, we are able to get the dll code to
stop at the invocation of our gui setup function, but there isn't any
sync between the text of source code and where its stopped. Its
impossible to know exactly where we are in the debugger instance. We
know the build is loading up a fresh dll. Its even putting it in the
system directory. Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Rno