From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Bogdan
Iosif
Sent: 06 September 2013 14:40
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Command-line script for adding Customer users to groups?

It would be much simpler to perform this operation via SQL directly on OTRS's
database

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Stanford, Philip N.
Hi,
Does anyone have a script for adding Customer users to groups?
We have a large number of customers and want to add sub-sets of these to a
number of groups.
I’ve tried modifying  the script
otrs.AddUser2Group.pl<http://otrs.AddUser2Group.pl>  (which adds Agents to
groups) without success – probably not surprisingly since I have only a limited
acquaintance with PERL and the OTRS programming model.
All I’m after is something that works in a similar manner to the supplied
script below, and will add a single customer to a group, with permissions:

# ./otrs.AddUser2Group.pl<http://otrs.AddUser2Group.pl>
Usage: ./otrs.AddUser2Group.pl<http://otrs.AddUser2Group.pl> -g groupname -u
username -p ro|rw

Suggestions very welcome.