Hi all, I write about this subject because I've found the solution and I
thought it would be useful to share with other users.

The key to obtain a working ticket type translation is to create a custom
AgentTicketPhone.tt and AgentTicketEmail.tt files.

After copying those files under /Custom/Output/HTML/Standard directory, all
you have to do here si to change the line

[% Data.TypeStrg %]

into

[% Data.TypeStrg | Translate %]

And then you can add your custom strings into the Custom/Kernel/Language/
xx.pm

You should then save your ticket types in english, in order to have it
translated in all the languages you want.

Hope it helps someone

:

> Hi Gerald,
>
> yes, the option to have all languages in a string to be displayed togheter
> is something that crossed my mind but as you said, is not much fun when you
> have to deal with people that will take any opportunity to avoid the use of
> a new instrument.
>
> I'm actually using otrs 4.x, if I remember correctly is 4.0.11, with some
> customisation placed under /Custom directory, like new templates and some
> modified module to display specific informations.
>
> Thanks for the answer
> Il 08/Gen/2016 19:19, "Gerald Young" <cryth...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> Not that this is that much fun, but if you can't translate it because the
>> code doesn't exist, you have an option to place translations in the
>> display, as long as any SysConfig defaults also hold the whole list:
>>
>> default / Standard / défaut / defecto
>>
>> May we know your version of OTRS that you're using?
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Finetti, Stefano <
>> sfine...@lynx-international.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone, I know that until recently custom ticket types where not
>>> automatically translated using the custom language files.
>>>
>>> Since my OTRS (I've not had the chance to upgrade to 5 yet) is starting
>>> to have agents from different countries, I need somehow to translate ticket
>>> types because lots of people that will use the system doesn't know foreign
>>> languages.
>>>
>>> I tried to modify the AgentTicketPhone.pm file in order to see if I
>>> could obtain a translation of a ticket type after I added it to my
>>> xx_Custom.pm (where xx is my language code), but so far, no luck.
>>>
>>> I didn't find any useful hint on the Developer Manual, and the last post
>>> I found googling the list is about OTRS 3.2 with the old templating system
>>> so I'm quite at loss in finding a viable solution.
>>>
>>> Any hint towards the right direction will be greatly appreciated.
>>> Thanks a lot
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stefano
>>>

>>> This e-mail and any files transmitted contain documentation which is
>>> highly confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
>>> entity to whom they are addressed. All written data and other information
>>> in the documentation is and shall remain the property of the disclosing
>>> party. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby formally
>>> notified that any disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, storing, copying
>>> or use of any of the information is strictly prohibited and will be legally
>>> pursued. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
>>> destroy the documentation including deletion of the same from any computer.
>>> Thank you.

*Lynx International Srl*
*Stefano Finetti*
*http://www.lynx-international.com <http://www.lynx-international.com>*

*Lynx International Srl is a part of AXED Group*
Via Pier Luigi Nervi e/3 - Torre 6 - 04100 Latina