Hello,

I believe in Agent::TicketViewCompose, you can add the new type to variable
to   Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketCompose###StateType and set the default
state to "new", and also change the RequiredLock option to No.

Still haven't tested, but it still may get the current agent as owner, but
I believe if it gets not Lock it will get no owner either.

Best Regards

> Hi
>
> We’ve been discussing some changes in our help-desk workflow which we may
> want to implement as part of a forthcoming move to OTRS 5, from 3.0
>
> The normal  OTRS behaviour for a ticket created from an incoming mail is
> for it to remain ‘new’ and ‘unlocked’ until an agent replies to the
> customer.   At that stage, the ticket becomes ‘open’ and ‘locked’, and the
> owner is changed to the current agent who has replied.
>

> For reasons that may possibly make sense for us, we’re wondering if
> there’s any way to disable that default behaviour, so that tickets will
> remain in a ‘new’, ‘unlocked’ state until specifically assigned an owner.
>
> Is this something that’s possible?   I have had a search in SysConfig
> options for 5.0 but can’t see anything  that seemed relevant.
>

> Regards
>
> Phil
> This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only. NERC is
> subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the contents of this
> email and any reply you make may be disclosed by NERC unless it is exempt
> from release under the Act. Any material supplied to NERC may be stored in
> an electronic records management system.

*Alvaro Cordero RetanaConsultor de Tecnologias*
*Tel: 22585757 ext 123*
*Email:* alv...@gridshield.net