Hi,

I was just reading (again) OTRS Developer Manual and Api References, and it
struck me that from OTRS 4 (i promise, I never realized it before), there
is no mention of Kernel/Config.pm file anymore.

Given the fact that If I remove the Config.pm file I'm pretty sure nothing
will work anymore, I was wondering why any word about that file just
disappeared from Developers manual.

I understand that there is still mention of it in the Admin manual, so it
HAS to be used in OTRS configuration. The fact is that there is no
documentation as if this file can be somewhat modified with an external
module, and I'm a bit dubious about this possibility.

I'm writing a custom module that adds two widgets to the Customer
Information Center company overview. That part is the easiest, and it works
flawlessly reading the custom database tables and so.

BUT. In order to store those specific informations for a specific customer,
I had to edit the customer_company table adding some fields at the end. The
problem is that if I don't edit the Config.pm files, adding those field in
the Customer Company Array, there is no way to show them in the Company
creation form.

I'm open to suggestions: do you think it would be better to avoid tampering
with the customer_company table and create a new, dedicated table with
company_id, my_module_id, thus changing only the template files in order to
read and save my module data?

--
*Lynx International Srl*
*Stefano Finetti*

*Lynx International Srl is a part of AXED Group*
Via Pier Luigi Nervi e/3 - Torre 6 - 04100 Latina

--
This e-mail and any files transmitted contain documentation which is highly
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to