Hey Folks,

The COE is running an introductory mountaineering course in a couple of
weeks -- the weekend of May 12 & 13. I just talked to Jay (the guide) and he
says it's filling up but there's still space for a few more people. It's
normally $300, but they give us a 20% discount so it's only $240 (which
includes guides, food, lodging, gear, and GST).

I've signed up and was thinking it would be nice to see some familiar faces
from the UAOC. So if you enjoyed the ice climbing trips this winter, why not
give glacier travel a go? And if you missed out on ice climbing, here's your
chance to get out on the ice! If you're interested, there's more info
here<http://www.coe.ca/guiding/alpine/alpineglacier.htm>.
Registration deadline is this Friday.

Have a great summer!

Steve