On Sunday 24 April 2005 09:43 am, Ren und Stimpy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have finished the Relais PCBs with the DS2408, they work fine but I
> have a huge problem:
>
> The One wire bus randomly drops out, I use a small gambas program that
> reads temperature from a ds18b20 and switches two fans fans from +5 to
> +12v If temperature is too high.
> Another relais switches 2 flouros (12w each) on and off.
>
> Sometimes when the flouros are switched off and sometimes just randomly
> the gambas program hangs and shows : "System Error - Invalid argument"
> then i have to restart the program, sometimes i have to restart owfs too :(
>
> /var/log/messages tells me :
> Usbdevfs_bulk failed ep 0x83 len 1 ret -75
>
> I use the latest Version of owfs (the 2.6.9 DS9094 patch line is in the
> code) :(
>
> Is there any solution to this problem, i worked nearly 4 weeks day and
> night on this project and want to get this shit finished. Its not fun at
> all anymore :(
>
> Thanks
> Simon

I know you're frustrated, but I'm sure we can figure this out.

Background: you are running owfs with a usb adapter?

What kernel and version of libusb are you running?

When you say "sometimes I have to restart owfs too", can you explain further.
Sometimes you don't? If you don't, can you still see the bus? (Can you ls the
bus in another window?) Does the message appear every time?

My thinking is thus, it sounds like a libusb layer problem, possibly because
the bus is dropping out, or possibly we have an error in one ofht e calls to
libusb. We'll put debugging code in owfs (print statements) and run it in
foreground is one window, and see what is happening when the error occurs.
I'm trying to get a better clue of where to look.

Paul