On Sunday 01 May 2005 01:36 pm, jerry scharf wrote:
> Well,
>
> I got my link serial interfaces, and started playing with things.
>
> Things came up in a couple areas:
>
> First, the programs seem to ignore --foreground and go to the background no

Hmm.. works  for me. /opt/owfs/bin/owfs --foreground -u /mnt/1wire stays in
foreground.

> matter what. Second, there is no debugging output for owfs or owserver.
> This seems quite wrong to me. I would like to do the classic multiple
> levels of d or v switches to be able to run the program with different
> levels of output and see what it's doing. For example, I had the protection
> set wrong on the tty, and the program silently exited. I have another one
> where I'm trying to get it onto an arm system with a cross compiled
> environment. Again the program exits silently, and I have no idea what's
> wrong. I may end up making one of the SBCs into a devel system and scrap
> the cross compiler (makes configure a mess...), but I should be able to
> debug the program to a limited degree with just itself. I am happy to
> discuss this more, but I am not up to adding this.

I just checked. There should be syslog messages about opening the com port.

You're right about the debug messages, though with a working foreground, it's
easy to trace problems (I use printfs myself). Actually, there are no end of
printfs scatered around that can be uncommented. I know it's not elegant,
what kind of debugging output would you like, specifically?