On Friday 06 January 2006 01:47 pm, Tim Sailer wrote:
> I know the barometer from aag.com.mx isn't a discrete 1wire device, but
> has anyone looked at what it would take to get it working with owfs?
>
> Tim
Yup. I looked. Even bought one. A rather clever arangement, two 2406's that
synthesize a 2-wire interface to a sensor.

The code is available on the AAG site, though I'm not sure of the licensing.

The real issue is that the device sits rather awkwardly on the file-system
design. It appears as two 2406's with assymetric properties. You need
external information to determine which chips belong to which larger device.
You also have to decide if the underlying 2406's should be hidden.

Devices that are only a single chip are easy. The DS2438 humidity sensor is a
good example, as is Louis Swart's LCD and the DS246x thermocouples. Multiple
chip devices are less obvious.

Any thoughts? This is clearly a problem that needs fixing. The iButton people
have a number of these "SuperSlaves".

Paul Alfille