I'm struggling.

I know the parallel port adapter isn't cutting edge, but it might be useful
for older computers.

I've put the resources I've used so far in the wiki.
http://owfs.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/ParallelAdapterStatus

Basically I've tried using the ppdev interface, which uses ioctl calls to the
parallel port to set data, and control pins and read status and control pins.
http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/parport/html/x623.html

Testing with a simple program and an oscilloscope, I can certainly see the
voltages on the pins.

I've tried mimicing the assembly language routines. The source file is
modules/owlib/src/c/ow_ds1410.c

Paul Alfille