Hello!
How many switches can OWFS support directly? These are the DS2406
style device by the way. And no I haven't built the actual hardware,
that comes later.

It's just that with the release of the DS2408 and many successful
applications of the thing, I just can't recall my question ever coming
up in discussions. And Paul this includes the original One-Wire
discussion that ran on the list supplied by Dallas Semi before they
made the ill-fated decision to switch to a forum rather then continue
with the list ideas.

For example, I have an idea of reasonable capabilities that would
involve using these switches to generate a pattern to be written to
yes a character displaying LCD display (Company name and part number
to be chosen later) but I'd rather not go down this path if it won't
work.

In fact I even don't recall the actual number of supported devices
being discussed anyplace surfacing. I believe the number is limited to
the way the network is accessed, but that's an opinion only.

It's amazing what happens to a person's memory when that person gets
to be the same age as Master Yoda. (Joke!)
--
Gregg C Levine [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"This signature was once found posting rude