Hi all:

I'm trying to get a machine running the latest owfs
(owfs-2.7p26.tar.gz, downloaded this morning).  I've configured it
with defaults except --enable-owfs.

After building, installing, and modifying my path to include the
install dir, I tried running:

owfs u /mnt/owfs

as user root, and I get:

[r...@eme206-guest ~]# owfs u /mnt/owfs
DEFAULT: ow_ds9490.c:DS9490_sub_open(552) Opened USB DS9490 adapter at 002/004.
Could not open the USB adapter. Is there a problem with permissions?
DEFAULT: ow_ds9490.c:DS9490_detect(310) Could not open the USB
adapter. Is there a problem with permissions?
DEFAULT: owlib.c:SetupInboundConnections(175) Cannot open USB adapter

The system is CentOS 5.4 (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.4).  We have
systems working with this and older versions  of the owfs software,
but I've never tried it on this box specifically.

Suggestions?  I'd know where to start looking if it worked for root,
but not other users, but when not even root has permissions, I have no
idea.  I have checked, and selinux is disabled.

Thanks!
--Jim