We've intermittently worked on this.  I have one student who has made
the beginnings of PIC code for OW slave interface, although has
implemented very few of the commands so far.

I also have some C code intended for compiling for the Atmel to
implement the timings and raw read/write for slave devices on the OW
bus.  This hasn't been tested at all yet.

I'm responsible for the Artificial Intelligence lab at Washington
State University, and currently the OW bus is our main sensor bus.  So
far, our work has focused on using the 2406 to do open/close-style
measurement of various devices (motion detector, micro-switches,
security-style door sensors, etc).  We would like to be able to make a
OW "thermostat" that would allow control of our heating system (both
analog and digital output) as well as provide an LCD interface for
users to view and set the desired thermostat (they can be different
devices, although our early intentions are to integrate in a single
package to provide "failover" capability...don't want to freeze anyone
out because our OW host/bus crashes!).

In any case, I may be able to get someone on this over the summer.

--Jim