We've attempted to do this for our own uses (somewhat similar).
Unfortunately, owfs appears to have bugs in this area and does not
perform correctly.  I hope to have time to do some low-level debugging
with the 2450 datasheet to figure out where the problem is and submit
a specific bug report.

In general, you need to set the alarm criteria for the high and low,
then you have to do an "ls" in the alarming folder (preferably in the
uncached folder).  We use alarming extensively on the 2406 for
detecting pio transitions (used to detect relay-based motion
detector's activity).  Alarming has made the onewire system a feesable
bus for our purposes, and we have run into major issues trying to
simulate alarming on 2450's with bus saturation.

As soon as I have time to look into this more, I will post my findings
to this list.  As far as we've been able to extrapolate so far, the
2450 is not properly "set up" for alarming by owfs.

--Jim