On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Mick Sulley <m...@sulley.info> wrote:
> Marcus - Finally it works!!!!!
>
> I uninstalled and re-installed several times, then I ran
> sudo cp /usr/local/lib/libowcapi.so /usr/lib/libowcapi.so
> and then it works!
>
> Unfortunately I am working away from home all week so I will play with
> it some more next weekend.
>
> Many, many thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.
>
> Regards
>
> Mick
>

> On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 00:58 +0100, Marcus Priesch wrote:
>> Hi Mick,
>>
>> it should look in /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib all paths configured
>> in /etc/ld.so.conf and in the paths configured in LD_LIBRARY_PATH -
>> seperated by colon
>>
>> you could try to symlink in /usr/local/lib or install owfs
>> to /usr/local/lib - the default i think when you dont specify a --prefix
>> to configure ...
>>
>> i am not sure why LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesnt work for you ...
>>
>> what are the permissions of /opt/owfs/lib and the paths to there ?
>>
>> do you have read access as user mick ?!?! i.e. does a
>>
>>       ls -l /opt/owfs/lib
>>
>> as user mick reveal the libraries with enough permissions ?!?!
>>
>> ah, and dont forget that owfs versions > 2.7p29 currently dont work with
>> pyowfs ... as i stated in an earlier posting to the list ...
>>
>> what linux distribution are you running ?!?
>>
>> what python version are you using ?!?
>>
>> you can also try this in a python interpreter:
>>
>> p...@mexx-desktop:~$ python
>> Python 2.6.4 (r264:75706, Dec  7 2009, 18:45:15)
>> [GCC 4.4.1] on linux2
>> <CDLL '/home/pr/tmp/owfs_p29/lib/libow-2.7.so.29.0.0', handle 9e2a850 at
>> b785d8ec>
>> >>>

>> if this works, your LD_LIBRARY_PATH gets ignored, then try to put the
>> library to /usr/local/lib - or better install owfs there (as mentioned
>> above) ... and read ahead ;)
>>
>> are you running things as user root ?!?! - i think root ignores the
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting as a security measure ... you shouldn't run
>> anything as root either ;)
>>
>> hope this helps,
>> marcus.

Hello!
Mick and everyone else, when building OWFS from source, do any of you
provide for the configure script and preferences? I normally tell it
to set the default location being /usr/ from there it works out where
to place everything.

Simply running the script #configure --help | less, and from those
returned items you'll be able to work out what to do next.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drw...@gmail.com