It appears to only effect memory; other sensor values with 2406, as
well as all tested values of 18b20 and 2450's are working fine.  Its
only accessing the RAM.

We're using the Dallas USB adapter (9190?  I forget exactly; its the
blue plastic usb to RJ-11 adapter).

We do have one system running 2.8p0 that's been in production for a
while (although it just dropped offline this weekend; I haven't gotten
to the site to figure out why yet; its probably unrelated to owfs).
The two systems we just did a major upgrade on with current versions
of all support libraries from gentoo effective last week is what
broke.  I suspect its a specific dependency failure, not an OWFS one,
but I don't even know what dependency to look...As I said, it appears
to ONLY break 2406 memory reads (and the methods we're using used to
work fine).

Thanks!
--Jim