On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:53:06AM +0100, p4trykx wrote:
> Dnia 23-03-2011 o 00:12:07 Mick Sulley <m...@sulley.info> napisa??(a):
>
> >  I have today connected the Gnd to the earth of the mains
> > wiring at each relay box, and the system seems to be running fairly
> > well.
>
> I'm not and expert but is it safe to connect 1-wire ground to earth
> ground(yellow green cable)

I would recommend against that.  Earth can have 10s of volts across
it in reasonable failure modes, destroying your entire 1-wire bus.  It
will also reduce noise immunity because you now have large loops
possibly containing mains power through them and picking up RF from
lightning, motor brush etc..

Sadly this problem is the reason I no longer like 1-wire bus, they
should have used differential signalling (AC supply with modulation
like digitrack, for example).  The only work around I've found is to
have isolated power to each unit (expensive).  A larger ground wire
seems to eat into your signal distance (increased capacitance?).

njh