real    0m4.684s
user    0m0.010s
sys     0m0.000s

root@berry:~# time /opt/owfs/bin/owread /uncached/28.5B8A57030000/temperature
          21
real    0m1.623s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.010s

The above are DS18B20s on the DS2482-100, and below a DS18b20 on a 1-wire USB
reader

root@berry:~# time /opt/owfs/bin/owread /uncached/28.52DE99000000/temperature
     19.6875
real    0m1.586s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.000s

I'm now running with 2 off USB, and 2off i2c adaptors all of the same RPi,
obviously very much idea with nothing more than 1m away from the Pi

root@berry:~# /opt/owfs/bin/owdir
/81.A6B821000000
/28.52DE99000000
/81.BA4124000000