If you are going to connect remotely, the process is much easier!

First any web browser can connect to owhttpd.

Second all the OWNet programs can connect easily with no libraries or
compilation. For instance you can use perl on CE
http://perlce.sourceforge.net/ and run OWNet.pm

How do you plan to use 1-wire on CE devices?

Paul