Greetings Stuart,
I did not mean to suggest it would fit the board, and I am sorry to
cause confusion and possibly mislead others. The DS2483 has only 6 pins
and I'll be able to solder it with care onto some of the existing 0.1"
pads ok. I just wish it would arrive so I can try it.  I have not
managed to use the new kernel with I2c support yet, as it does not boot
on my system for some reason, although it seems to have installed ok. I
added a socket for a serial to usb converter onto the expansion
breakout, that is working ok so I can see the boot messages.
David.