The values are formatted with the standard C format parameters: %d, %u, %G
in /module/owlib/src/c/ow_parseoutput.c With no particular reason to choose
otherwise, no left-justification was done. The default justification looked
better when printed out (it tended to stack better in tables).

Although it would be trivial to change, I worry the effect on existing
applications. We could always add another "flag" in the path name, Say
/trim/10.123123233/temperature if its important enough.

owget has no conception of the return value, it's just a string, so any
change would have to be upstream.

owhttpd would be easy to change, particularly the json implementation where
the raw data is probably never presented, but rather interpreted first.
owhttpd does know about the type of value. (It would be changed
in /module/owhttpd/src/c/owhttpd_read.c) Currently owhttpd only formats
differently for binary and bitfields, but that could be changed.

Paul