> > - Now first of all, I'd submit a patch to fix /json outputting valid
> > JSON-Data. This would change the current behavior i.e.: single elements:
> > { "value" : "11.5" }
> > instead of
> > "        11.5"
>
> I'd opt for
> [ "        11.5" ]
> (unnamed array) for single values..
> The change is really trivial, just add [] - any other opinions?

"trivial"? well hehe a bit more than trivial, check code, i just leave ""
because there was a lot of for while etc that create the page, but if you
have time, it's nice to change :) maybe {"value":"11.5"} is ok, no problem
here, i'm using /text only today because i have old versions of owfs running

> > - Error-output: { } or {"error" : "..."} instead of null+partial HTML..

{"error":""} <- no
i think just {} is ok, a empty object / empty array, i don't know if "null"
work with json/jsonp

> This isn't trivial, on the first request I get what I expect, on the
> second++ a full HTML-answer?
> This would be really important for a useful error-handling in
> Ajax-clients..

yes

> > - Add a HTTP-Header (Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *) to enable CORS for
> > JSON.

ok

> Overall: this works really great! 100x faster/less resource-usage than
> anything else which might also be a big benefit for any visualisation of
> owfs-data..
> There is only one drawback: no IE below v10!

no problem, ie isn't a standard web browser, and i think it will never be,
i think it only work with some internet banking websites

> FF, Chrome(Webkit), Safari(Webkit), Opera, Dolphin, ... are all fine

that's the main point: safari (apple), chrome (any computer or cellphone),
firefox (the main web browser at companies)

> Michael

Roberto Spadim
SPAEmpresarial
Eng. Automação e Controle