In the past I tried to use the alias feature, but I gave up, since I found it
very unstable; but this was a lot of time ago…

So here some tests on a buster rasbian (version 10.1) with it’s stock owserver
(version 3.2p3+dfsg1-2) I have running at home.

Python 3.7.4 (default, Jul 14 2019, 18:10:41)
[Clang 10.0.0 (clang-1000.11.45.5)] on darwin
>>> import pyownet.protocol
>>> pyownet.__version__
'0.10.0.post1'
>>> ow = pyownet.protocol.proxy(“myhost”)
>>> ow.read('/system/configuration/version')
b’3.2p3'
>>> ow.dir()
['/26.xxxxxxxxxxxx/', '/26.yyyyyyyyyyyy/', '/01.zzzzzzzzzzzz/']
>>> node_a = '/26.xxxxxxxxxxxx/alias'
>>> node_b = '/26.yyyyyyyyyyyy/alias'
>>> node_c = '/01.zzzzzzzzzzzz/alias'
>>> ow.write(node_a, b'T0')
>>> ow.write(node_b, b'T1')
>>> ow.write(node_c, b'X0')
>>> ow.dir()
['/T0/', '/T1/', '/X0/']
>>> ow.read(node_a)
b'T0'
>>> ow.read(node_b)
b'T1'
>>> ow.read(node_c)
b'X0'
>>> ow.read('/T0/temperature')
b'     28.9062'
>>> ow.read('/T1/temperature')
b'       20.75'
>>> ow.write(node_a, b'')
>>> ow.write(node_b, b'')
>>> ow.write(node_c, b'')
>>> ow.dir()
['/26.xxxxxxxxxxxx/', '/26.yyyyyyyyyyyy/', '/01.zzzzzzzzzzzz/']

So everything working fine here at home… Of course this is not a stress test,
but at least basic functionality is working as expected.

Stefano