Cheers everyone, all good information.

.net noobie, your Mozart review is interesting, all the others I have seen
have been a bit average. And the reviews on the HTC HD7 have also been
somewhat discouraging (not to mention I totally object to having to pay $17
a month just for the privilege of owning one). It seems to me that all
carriers are just pushing iphones and android devices. When you look around
at what else is on offer WP7 don't look like an attractive option. Is this a
failure on Microsoft's part not to push their marketing campaign further or
is it the carriers refusal to push it due to the popularity of iPhone? I
spoke to a rep in the Telstra store and he said that 55% of sales made last
year were for iPhones. When you have those kind of figures why would you be
interested in pushing the competition. Anyway, not going to analyse it too
much, in fear of showing my ignorance in these matters but I just find it a
bit strange.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Steve