Greetings,

We've just received the first of our new developer PCs and I'm looking at
options for building an image so that I can deploy Windows 7 for different
developer roles.

I can have found some information on building a single image from the
Volume Licence SKU but what I'd like to do is to use the WIM format for
creating the following:-

Base OS image
.Net developer tools on top of base image
Database developer tools on top of base image
.Net developer tools and Database developer tools on top of base image

I understand that there are some Enterprise tools to achieve this but
that's overkill for my small team of a dozen developers. I'd still like to
be able to tick the components that I want for the install build and just
produce the appropriate installer DVDs.

Can anyone point me to any articles that I can read that might cover this
scenario?

noonie