On 6 February 2012 20:26, Ken Schaefer <k...@adopenstatic.com> wrote:

Is there a second NIC in the server hosting the web application? If so, can
> you use a direct connection (aka cross-over cable – though most NICs
> support MDI-X now, so you can just use a regular cable)? Set up a HOSTS
> file entry on the web application server so that it knows how to get to the
> DC.

No second NIC and more than one dev will need access at a time. If I can
get it to work then I can replicate it for the testers too.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Alternatively, get rid of the DC. Install ADAM/AD LDS (or some other LDAP
> server). Import a selection of your directory structure/objects into that.
> Then you won’t have issues with replication, or exposing your Production AD
> on a test network.****
>
> **

I tried ADAM but it doesn't seem to understand security groups, which are
needed, and also had a look at Microsoft's AD-like ADAM schema but it too
has limitations.

--
Thanks,
noonie