Greetings,

These types of games are really testing more than reaction time (pattern
recognition, spatial and trajectory analysis) and although we may assume
that those cognitive abilities remain the same for an individual, in the
short to medium term, you can get better at it with practice.

If you're just testing reaction time then "push the button when you see the
light"  has it all over the others... But is nowhere near as much fun ;-(

If you're testing motor skills then a test of precision may be better. How
about a computer version of the old "skill testers" that involved a wiggly
wire and a loop with a bell and, optionally, a mild electric shock ;-)

noonie