We have looked at this from the perspective of rolling our own. The idea
was to write an ASP.NET app that provided a way for our customers to come
in and log feature requests, report bugs and so forth via some interface
that we would create, and have the work items logged directly into TFS. We
also needed the ability for customers to see the status of any work items
that they have logged previously.

What stopped us was the licensing - MS licensing told me that we would need
a TFS license for every customer. That policy effectively pulled the
shutters on the project so now we do it manually.