From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Stephen Price
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 2:09 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: Today was very quiet on ozdotnet ...

Personally, I don't care what's on my phone. Its all just a mirror of whats
in the cloud anyway.

I could destroy my phone (or lose it) and wouldn't lose anything except for
the device itself.

The whole thing about whats better is all well and good. I like there are
multiple platforms, it keeps everyone trying. They all get better over time
and everyone wins.

Right now i'm 100% Microsoft devices (still have a couple of Android devices
that are still current but hardly use them). That may well change in the
future, I won't promise anything.

Friend of mine spec'd up a fancy gaming laptop ($8000 worth) and I said,
specs sound pretty good but if you spend the $8k now it will be worth $1k in
1 to 2 years. Which is exciting because it means in a couple of years the
power of devices will be another leap on what they are. Exciting times.

My favourite device is still my 8" tablet with windows 8.1 on it. So sweet
being able to carry around a computer not much larger than my phone
(remember I have a 6" phone lol) that can be plugged into screen and
keyboard and function like a full PC. It makes me want to squeel with glee.
:)

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Ken Schaefer <k...@adopenstatic.com> wrote:

>From the earlier link (about 1/3 of the way down)

Notes

*       Your phone will wait for a WiFi connection to automatically save
backups. If you don't connect to WiFi for a week, any changes to your App
list and settings will be saved using a mobile data connection.
*       Backup saves the apps on your phone, but it doesn't save any data
associated with the apps.
*       Start will reset to its default set of pinned Tiles when you
restore.