From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Stephen Price
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 3:03 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Spreadsheets and data

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has taken a spreadsheet and turned it into an app
before?

This spreadsheet has lots of data that used the previous row to calculate
the new row's data (as spreadsheets often do). Was wondering how the best
way to duplicate that functionality in a .Net app with classes/database.

Possible ways I've thought of;

1. Class that calculates on the fly the desired row/year of data each time
it needs it.

2. The spreadsheet takes some starting values and the applies a formula to
each row, could do the same thing in memory in a lookup dictionary or
similar so it only needs to be done once.

3. Alternatively put that data into tables in database... downside, if the
initial value is changed it would have to find and modify the appropriate
rows in the database.

other ways?

cheers,

Stephen