From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of GregAtGregLowDotCom
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:33 AM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: [OT] Browser use

I never thought I’d change my default browser but I had to do so with IE11.
Moved to using Chrome as a default. I eventually I got to a point where I just
had to get things done and whether or not Microsoft believe they did the right
thing by removing the agent string entries, they “broke the internet” for too
many people.

I don’t think they understood the politics of this. If someone is browsing ok,
and updates to IE11 and then so many sites don’t work, they won’t blame the
sites, they’ll blame what they just updated.

There were lots of Microsoft’s own properties that wouldn’t work with IE11.

You can’t even lodge a BAS return here in Australia with IE11 and if you talk
to the ATO, they just say “Use Chrome”.

Wish it wasn’t so.

Last month was the first month where I noted more Chrome use than IE use at our
web  site, and we’re a Microsoft related site. That’s a big change for us from
6 months ago. It used to be an IE majority for us.

Apart from the lack of compatibility with so many existing sites, I quite like
many things about IE11. I just can’t get work done when it’s my default browser.

Dr Greg Low

1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile│ +61 3 8676 4913 fax

SQL Down Under | Web:  <http://www.sqldownunder.com/> www.sqldownunder.com