From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of GregAtGregLowDotCom
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:41 AM
To: ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com
Subject: RE: Optus to sell Office365

I don't want to see it forced through any reseller. I just want to have the
option to deal directly with Microsoft. Other people in the loop just
complicate support for me. I can do that with Google and with any number of
other global providers, so why not Microsoft?

If I was running a milk bar or a cafe, I might feel differently.

Both options should be available (ie: dealing with a partner if you need
that type of help, or not dealing with one if you don't need that type of
help). And partners that push the products should be part of the ongoing
return on the products. I used to like the model that some companies used
when ADSL first appeared. Customers could deal directly with them if they
wanted. Partners could be involved in getting people signed up, and if they
did, they were part of the revenue stream from that point on (indefinitely
in relation to those connections).

Bottom line is that I shouldn't be penalised for being based in Australia.

Dr Greg Low

1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile│ +61 3 8676 4913 fax

SQL Down Under | Web:  <http://www.sqldownunder.com/> www.sqldownunder.com