From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Tuesday, 4 November 2014 10:30 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: SQLite déjà vu again

Does NoSQL = NoDBA?
https://www.simple-talk.com/opinion/opinion-pieces/does-nosql--nodba

Ah yes, a different type of DBA will evolve.

>From my reading, the absence of (a wider range of) typed data fields for NoSQL
>databases is probably because of their irrelevance  - and the absence of GUID
>fields is of no concern in the context of their principal use cases.

When I'm round-tripping stuff from managed code and any database I expect
natural feeling CLR type support, I don't want to have to transform data as it
goes in and out. I received a rapid reply from a BrightstarDB developer who had
added Guid property support into their developer branch. I don't know if that
includes support for Guids as primary keys, as I couldn't coax their latest
source download into compiling.

Cheers, Greg

P.S. Have you moved to Vic from WA?