From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of David Connors
Sent: Wednesday, 28 October 2015 7:54 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Cable IP address

Yeah +1 William.   I have an Optus 100/2 HFC service at home and the resigrade
modem they gave me was complete shit. As near as I could figure out it would
limit the number of allowed NAT entries per IP on the inside of the NAT.

Result was you would load Google maps on the Mac in 3D mode, it would part load
then that machine was essentially a brick ( can't sign into hangouts or
anything else ). Meanwhile everything else on the network is A-OK.

I put the modem into bridge mode and used a Cisco 1921 as the router doing the
NAT - no dramas at all.

A lot of people malign HFC but I'm pretty sure most of the issues are people
being stuck on DOCSIS 1/2.0 modems or with otherwise shitty CPE.
On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 at 18:32 William Luu