From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Thomas Koster
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:24 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: [OT] An administrator is needed to delete my desktop icons

Hi friends,

One of the machines I deploy to is maintained by an IT contractor.
There is a lot of garbage on this machine, and every time they install some new
garbage I get new icons on my desktop.

I'm tired of looking at it, but when I try to delete these icons from
*my* desktop, Windows tells me I need to be an administrator.

What gives? Do I have to resort to sticking Post-its over them?

(Windows Server 2008 R2, Remote Desktop Services)

--
Thomas Koster